This graphic shows the different steps to install the Spartacote Seal.
SPARTACOTE® SEAL™ is an economical yet functional clear polyaspartic concrete sealer coating system. The application consist of 2 coats of SPARTACOTE® polyaspartic coatings over properly prepared concrete to a CSP 2-3. SPARTACOTE® SEAL™ allows floor owners to easily achieve a wet concrete look, enhancing the colors of the underlying concrete substrate.
Clear High Performance Flooring
Steps for Installation:
1. We come out and evaluate your concrete. We measure the area to be coated and measure cracks you have. We note cracks that need stitched as well as any that need V-Grooved and patched. We also look for any stains that may be present and need to be removed. We give you the estimated cost and schedule the work to be done.
2. We come out tape off areas to be worked on and tape plastic to protect all other areas. We then grind the concrete to the profile that it needs to be. We repair any cracks you may have and grind back over the repairs to get an even surface. (There will be dust present but it is minimal as we have vacuums attached to our grinders).
3. If a MVB (Moisture Vapor Barrier) needs to be installed we do that. This will serve as the base coat step. Otherwise, we put a clear base coat down. We then let that coat dry (average 1 1/2 to 2 hrs depending on temperature).
4. We will then apply the top coat that has the traction additive.
5. Once the top coat is dry, we will remove the tape and you may walk on it 2 hours after completion of installation and drive on it 24 hours after installation.