This Graphic shows the different steps to install the epoxy chip garage floor.
Installation of Epoxy Chip Floor Coating
Steps for Concrete Epoxy Chip Coating Installation:
1. We come out and evaluate your concrete. We measure the area to be coated and measure cracks you have. We note cracks that need stitched as well as any that need V-Grooved and patched. We also look for any stains that may be present and need to be removed. We give you the estimated cost and schedule the work to be done.
2. We come out tape off areas to be worked on and tape plastic to protect all other areas. We then grind the concrete to the profile that it needs to be. We repair any cracks you may have and grind back over the repairs to get an even surface. (There will be dust present but it is minimal as we have vacuums attached to our grinders).
3. If a MVB (Moisture Vapor Barrier) needs to be installed we do that. After the MVB is cured, we then put down the base coat. We will broadcast flake into the MVB or into the base coat. We then let that coat dry (average 1 1/2hrs or 2 depending on temperature).
4. After it has dried, we will scrape any excess flake and vacuum it up.
5. We then put a grout coat (clear coat) down. We let this coat dry.
6. We will then apply the top coat that has the traction additive.
7. Once the top coat is dry, we will remove the tape and you may walk on it 2 hours after completion of installation and drive on it 24 hours after installation.